Keep your school supplies organized and looking cool with this school box craft!
Make this adorable supply box to hold all your supplies and have a handy organizer while you are using them! Cubbies on top hold glue, erasers, pencil sharpeners, crayons, and whatever you are using at the time.
- Child size shoe box
- 3 sheets yellow construction paper
- 2 sheet green construction paper
- Acrylic paint (blue, red, green, brown, orange, yellow, black)
- 3” square box with lid
- Plastic water bottle (12-16 oz)
- School-themed foam stamps (school bus, apple, star, crayons)
- 1” x 7” strip of orange felt
- White craft glue
- Glue stick
- Clear tape
- Black marker
How to make it:
- Check corners of shoe box and use tape to close any gaps, rips, or tears.
- Cover shoe box with yellow construction paper using a glue stick to attach to sides, and tape to close at ends and corners.
- Cover lid with green construction paper using glue stick and tape as in step 2.
- Paint the sides and inside of small box blue and the lid red. Set aside to dry.
- Cut bottom off of plastic bottle about 3” up.
- Glue orange felt strip around the top of the opening of the plastic bottle. Felt should overlap on inside and outside of bottle opening to cover cut edges.
- Cut a piece of green construction paper in a circle to fit the bottom of the bottle and glue in place. Set aside to dry.
- Decorate the outside of the box with school-themed stamps. Paint each foam stamp and press firmly on to the construction paper. Lift directly up to remove. Let dry.
- Use white craft glue to attach the red lid, blue box and bottle bottom to the lid of your school supply box. Allow to dry completely.
- Use black marker to add a simple math equation to the side of the box.
- Use black marker to write “school” on the side of the bus.
- When everything is dry, fill box with supplies. When you are using the supplies, fill the bottle with crayons, lids with glue, scissors, eraser, and pencil sharpener--whatever you need to have on hand.
- Use clear tape to secure any edges that won’t stick down with glue.
- Careful not to overload the top of your box by piling too many items inside.
- If any of your organizers come loose, simply secure with glue.