Friday, November 28, 2008

Following Your Passion

When you like what you do, you're happier and more successful.

One of the common themes in many good books lately is "following your passion" or "doing what you love to do". Our work should involve things that we really enjoy doing and are really good at ~ not simply a "job" we do to make a living. According to this thinking, not only will you feel better about yourself and provide more value to others, you’ll also end up making more money.

For me, personally, I had a good "job" that paid very well. I was living quite comfortably. But, I always felt like something was missing.

Then, along came my daughter and my life changed. All of a sudden money had less value and time became the most precious, most valuable thing in my life.

Shortly after she came into my life I decided that life goes by too fast. I am not going to look back on my life wishing I had slowed down long enough to enjoy some of the most wonderful years of my life. For the first time in my life, I decided that "following your passion" and "doing what you love to do" was more important than ever before.

So, here I am… following my passion. Spending my time doing the things I enjoy most ~ as I look for ways to make money along the way to pay the bills.

This blog is dedicated to one of the "passions" that I enjoy doing with my daughter, Ashley. We have a lot of fun coming up with new craft ideas and she gets very excited about working on them. We really hope you enjoy the information we have to share with you.

No comments: